Visitors

Monday, January 18, 2010

The Story of Tracy Beaker (III)

QUESTION 1
COMPLETE WITH THE CORRESPONDING WORDS:





DIDN´T LOOK A BIT LIKE / DIDN´T KNOW / FEEL SORRY / LEAVE ME ALONE /


LOOK / LOOK LIKE / LOOKING WORRIED / SHY / SEEM




And it ___(1)___ all that effort was for nothing, because she didn´t ___(2)___ to have the woman writer person with her after all (page 56)


***


I wanted to meet this Cam (what sort of a silly name is that?) even though she ___(3)___ a proper writer (...). I´m usually the last person to feel ___(4)___ but somehow


I suddenly ___(5)___what to say or what to do (page 57).


(...)


"I ___(6)___a mess on purpose", I said fiercely. "So you needn´t ___(7)___ for me, Peter Ingham. You just clear off and ___(8)___, right?". Peter fidgeted from one foot to the other ___(9)___ (page 57)


***
QUESTION 2
AMONG THE 9 WORDS FROM THE PREVIOUS EXERCISE THERE´S ONE WHICH IS NOT A VERB.
WHICH ONE?
***

2 comments:

Terry said...

1. looked like
2. seem
3. didn´t look a bit like
4. shy
5. didn´t know
6. look
7. feel sorry
8. leave me alone
9. looking worried

Terry said...

kEY TO QUESTION 2:
SHY:
It´s an adjective.
It means "tímido".