Visitors

Monday, January 18, 2010

The Story of Tracy Beaker (II)


COMPLETE THIS PARAGRAPH FROM THE BOOK WITH THE CORRESPONDING EXPRESSION:


AS THICK AS BRICKS / EASY-PEASY / TELL-TALE / TOOTH AND NAIL /

QUICK AS A WINK


Intelligence tests. They´re all ever so ___(1)____

I can do them ___(2)___.

They always expect kids in care to be ___(3)___, but I get a hundred out of a hundred nearly every time (page 25) (...)

"Oh don´t tell Tracy, please", Peter begged.

"What do you take me for? I´m no ___(4)___, I said" (page 44).

(...)

I was always sure I was going to be on telly with my own chat show (...) all these really famous celebrities would fight ___(5)___ to get on my show to speak to me (page 48)


***

1 comment:

Terry said...

KEY:
1. easy-peasy.
2. quick as a wink.
3. as thick as bricks.
4. tell-tale
5. tooth and nail