Visitors

Sunday, January 13, 2008

PHRASAL VERBS: GET OVER/GO ALONG WITH/LOOK UP/PUT...DOWN/PUT OFF/TAKE UP/TURN DOWN/TURNED UP

COMPLETE THE SENTENCES WITH THE CORRESPONDING PHRASAL VERB:

1. I´m going to ________ the job offer.
2. A man _______ at Toronto hospital after he had been attacked.
3. I´m so bored. I think I´ll ______ a new hobby or sport.
4. I can´t stand Mary. She always tries to _____ me _____.
5. I often _____ new words in a dictionary.
6. We had to _______ the party because of the rain.
7. I´ll _______ your decision even if I don´t agree..
8. As soon as he _____ his injuries, he´ll return to work.

(Sandra´s)

1 comment:

Terry said...

TURN DOWN= rechazar
TURN UP= presentarse
TAKE UP= empezar a hacer
PUT S.O. DOWN= humillar
LOOK UP= buscar en el diccionario
PUT OFF= aplazar
GO ALONG WITH= apoyar
GET OVER= reponerse, recuperarse de